There are times when my feelings are not that this book is better than the other, I am mostly inclined to believe that all books have their own little things, different details that make them unique and I do not like comparing them to each other.
The same happens with the characters, specially the male characters clearly, which is why I decided to compile them all up in one place, though it has been sometime since I last read the books, the characters still continue to be a presence. Here is a list of my top characters and books but it is not yet complete.
Women first though, my favourite is Tris Prior (Divergent), even though she has her moment of girly thoughts that I find annoying she is a force to be reckon and my least favourite character would have to be Bella Swan (Twilight), I’m sorry for all the fans of Bella around but ¡Dear Lord! That teenager gets to my nerves or got when I read the book years ago, oh and Anastasia Steel (50 Shades of Grey) she is basically Bella but a grown-up version and still annoying, no one can think like that, well some women do, I know. Another woman that I think is a strong one would be Claire from The Time Traveler’s Wife, that woman went through a lot and did not leave him or went crazy. Daenerys Targaryen, I adore her. Quick Recap from favourite to annoying.
Update 2019: Emma Carstairs is one fierce girl. I love her.
Females Characters in Books
- Emma Carstairs
- Izzy Lightwood
- Cristina Rosales
- Daenerys Targaryen
- Tris Prior
- Claire (The Time Traveler’s Wife)
- Clary Fairchild
- Claire Fraser Randall (Outlander)
- Bella Swan
- Anastasia Steel
Now the gentlemen, here is where the problem comes because I don’t like to say this is my favourite or that one, because they all have different personalities, is just the way it is but if I had to choose it would something like this. Do not let the other of this be a big deal, they are in order of being awesome and not.
Males Characters in Books
- Kirtash (Memorias de Idhún – Laura Gallego)
- Julian Blackthorn (The Dark Artifices)
- Patch Cipriano (Hush Hush – Becca Fitzpatrick)
- Magnus Bane (The Mortal Instruments)
- Jamie Fraser (Outlander)
- Will and Jem (The Infernal Devices)
- Daemon Black (Lux Series – Jennifer A.)
- Damon Salvatore (The Vampire Diaries – L.J. Smith)
- Stefan Salvatore (The Vampire Diaries)
- Four (Divergent – Veronica Roth)
- Jace Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments)
- Christoff Langford (Drákon Series – Shana Abé)
- Adam Wilde
- Jon Snow (A Song of Ice and Fire)
- Henry DeTamble (The Time Traveler’s Wife – Audrey N.)
- Travis Maddox (Beautiful Disaster – Jamie M.)
- Kit and Ty (The Dark Artifices)
- Alec Lightwood (The Mortal Instruments)
- Khal Drogo (A Song of Ice and Fire)
- Edward Cullen (Twilight)
- Jaime Lannister (A Song of Ice and Fire)
- Harry Potter
- Christian Grey (50 Shades of Grey)
Now you have an idea of the male characters that are great, amazing, hot and in between, they can make you angry, happy, go up and down, make you feel like you’re the most beautiful woman on earth, if you are like me and put yourself in the shoes of the main characters. That is all for now.
I think a clarification is in order with one particular characters, Christian Grey, I know many love him and say he is wonderful, I am not one of those people, he is on this list because he made comments, he acted certain ways that earn him a spot but let us not forget that he does have some psychological issues, at least at the very beginning of the books so he is here because by the end of the trilogy he was better and you could say “aw, Christian” but it is not all that during the whole story.
P.D.: Again, I’d like to point out that that order is not exactly the path of my feelings, it could be but it varies.
Now, as for the books that I like the very most and the ones that made me said “what is this?”, no, not really, there is only one book that has made me said that and it was Stardust. As for the rest of the books I have read, they have all let me with something, anything to think and remember for years. Here they are.
Oct 2018 Update
- Triada (Memorias de Idhún)
- Lady Midnight
- Lord of Shadows
- Harry Potter Series
- The Smoke Thief (Drakon Series)
- Clockwork Princess
- City of Heavenly Fire
- The Time Weaver
- A Dance with Dragons (ASOIAF)
- Where she went
- Pride and Prejudice
- Lux Series (The series as a whole kind of blends in for me)
Among so many others.