Hello, dearies! 📙
This is not a book review.
Here we are again, another week, another throwback or flashback as it is, a Friday Flashback. Last week, I started this little section with a review (sort of) for The Bane Chronicles: Saving Raphael Santiago, which marked the first look into the past, and it was a TBT.
Now, this week I decided to go with a book that I loved in the past, and on the second round of reading it, The 5th Wave. I have a review already for this back, and it was done a long time ago, you can check it out here: The 5th Wave review.
This time around, I wanted to talk about some of the characters and the story. Let’s begin. 📚
The 5th Wave Flashback
When I first read this book, I was in it, excited. It made me want to read The Infinite Sea, and that led to The Last Star, and then, my expectations kind of halted and crashed a little bit, mostly because of the ending of the third book.
Despite that, I still love the quotes and moments from this trilogy, it makes you want to share and read the books. Let me give you some examples.
The 5th Wave Quotes
Okay, so from the first book, there are some that stay with you for some time since it’s all about humanity and Cassie being alone, and how she thought, and maybe it made you think about what you would think if you believed the world was coming to an end or you were the last human standing.
Alright, here we go.
- “She is not the first to dream of owls in the dark. She will not be the last.”
- “Some things you can never leave behind. They don’t belong to the past. They belong to you.”
- “We’re here, and then we’re gone, and it’s not about the time we’re here, but what we do with the time.”
- “Cruelty isn’t a personality trait. Cruelty is a habit.”
- “But if I’m it, the last of my kind, the last page of human history, like hell I’m going to let the story end this way. I may be the last one, but I am the one still standing.”
- “I had it all wrong,” he says. “Before I found you, I thought the only way to hold on was to find something to live for. It isn’t. To hold on, you have to find something you’re willing to die for.”
- “That’s what you do when the curtain is falling–you give the line that the audience wants to hear.”
- “I’VE FALLEN SO DEEP, nothing can reach me. For the first time in weeks, I feel numb. I don’t even feel like me. There’s no place where I end and the nothingness begins.”
That’s all for now, hope I reminded you of a good book, or you might want to read it for the first time after reading some of those quotes. For more about this trilogy, you can read my review for The Infinite Sea, one of my first very honest reviews.
Thank you for reading, dearies. Don’t forget to like, share, bookmark the blog, follow here or on social media, it all helps a little bit, and I’d appreciate it forever. See you at the next one.
Happy reading! 🌊